I was hiking at a local park this morning and the temperature was18 degrees F. I had to cut short my walk after about .6 miles, even though I was well covered in warm clothes. My fingers, in 2 layers of gloves, were burning, and I was afraid I would get frost bite. I was fascinated however, at the flock of ducks, geese and a pair of ring-billed gulls who had congregated at a water hole in the midst of a frozen pond. They were obviously having great fun, luxuriating in the refreshingly cold waters, and basking in the warmth of the sun. Unlike me, they needed no artificial protection against the elements. Over the course of evolution, we have lost the ability to survive without the comforts that modernity offers [barring a few rishis/yogis who can live in extreme conditions].
Human development...a myth?
Watch the beautiful birds here:
Ducks, Geese and Ring-billed Gulls Meet


No comments:
Post a Comment